The Palmolive Building 159 E. Walton Chicago
The Palmolive Building Landmark Residences located at 159 E. Walton in Chicago is one of the most significant adaptive reuses ever undertaken of a landmark building. Originally completed in 1929 as Chicago’s most prestigious office building, and to house the headquarters of the Colgate-Palmolive Company, the Palmolive Building was world renowned for its dynamic stepped design, and is considered to be among the finest examples of Art Deco architecture in the world. It was also famous for its Lindbergh Beacon mounted atop a specially designed mast. The building also served as the headquarters of Playboy Magazine from 1967-1990.
In 2013 The Palmolive building had the 2nd highest priced condo sold at $6,750,000.
The Palmolive building underwent a major adaptive reuse in 2001 / 2002. The retail space was renovated and expanded, and the offices were converted to ultra-luxury condominiums. All building systems were replaced, and parking and loading were added. When completed, the Palmolive Building resulted in 102 ultra-luxury condominiums with an average price of more than $1.5 Million, including several of Chicago’s most valuable condominium residences.
The amenities at 159 E. Walton include 24 hour Door Person, Health Club, On-Site Management and party room.
|The Hancock Group with @properties specializing in downtown Chicago Real Estate including The Gold Coast, South Loop, West Loop, Streeterville & Lincoln Park for over 10 years. Call/Text/Email Us today at 312-296-9300, or Find us on Google+|